View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 16, 2017, 2:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyett View Post
DPP have already announced their inteniton to completely renovate the terminal once T3 comes on line. The building was poorly built and the KMT administration at the time is to blame for allowing orgranzied crime in the form of the 4 Seas and Bamboo Union to influence the bid. This level of corrupt bidding and oversight is a common feature of KMT administrations - Taipei Gate, Evertransit BOT, Radium Group BOT, Taipei Dome BOT, Airport MRT... notice a trend?
I will add something about your comment. The passenger traffic during 2000s was declining until KMT took office in 2008. Since then, passenger traffic rise dramatically because KMT open direct routes and air space to China. Political issue made by DDP during 2000s cause problems for Taoyuan International Airport development. DDP though there is no further development for this airport because lack of traffic. That terminal 3 project was developing during KMT ruling. And, airport company is set up during this period. For me, both parties have caused problem to this airport. People is out of patient for this leaking issue, especially DDP and KMT promised solve this problem in the past. People don't care it is DDP ruling or KMT ruling. Just get this done! KMT don't solve it, it does not mean DDP can have excuse. Closing-terminal2-plan has already been criticized by airlines. Airport company is evaluating the plan. I think it will take longer time before they make decision.

Political infighting can cause power shortage to my beloved country is so ridiculous. Lack of power reserve has caused problem to Taiwan competitive. Power outage in 8/15/2017 made a lot of people rethink political infighting between KMT and DDP.

Last edited by williamchung taiwan; Oct 17, 2017 at 2:13 AM.