View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 5, 2018, 8:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freerover View Post
The terminal is run by a private company. I assume they would have to be the ones that would want a possible expansion because they would have to pay for it since they would profit from increased gates. Just keep in mind that the whole point of the south terminal is to keep costs down as much as possible in order to keep gate rent down. I think the next step would be opening it every day of the week.

So your concerns would be completely addressed in a Northern expansion. The current short term garage (in front of the main terminal) would be demolished and the existing terminal would be expanded over it and the current lower/upper deck of Pres Blvd. You would be able to design a longer and higher capacity upper/lower deck for direct vehicle access as well as add a ton of more space for security/airlines/concourses/baggage etc.

Here is a diagram of how the space could be used. The Green is what is currently being built and the yellow is what would be possible afterward.

What this would do is essentially maximize the potential of the main terminal. It would just be a nightmare of a construction project.
That would be a construction nightmare for sure, I see how this would end up and think this might as well be the next large construction phase once the east extension is completed. I wonder if a west terminal infill will happen soon, that part of the terminal looks bare.