View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 10, 2012, 6:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaz View Post
I didn't put it there, the previous owners did. I've only been living here a little over a month. There are many others down the row who all did the similar things.

I am more disappointed in the sellers agent rather than ours. The sellers knew there was going to be development as everyone in the neighborhood was notified as I found out from my neighbor after moving here (perhaps thats why they were selling) but they still said they were unaware of any future development in the area. I'm not sure if thats the fault of our agent as its the sellers agent who assists them in filling it out. I did do my own research however didn't realize it would be starting so quickly. i guess they are trying to beat all the government job lay offs perhaps.

I knew there was going to be building going on there at some point but from what i read it didn't seem like it would happen until 2014. like i said i just wanted one summer, just one but no. I know there will be detached homes behind us, I just don't know how far apart they will be from us, what kind of sun we will still get and how big these homes will actually be. we are in a townhouse so i doubt it will be similar to ours.
If you want info on the project, the first thing to check is by going here: http://app01.ottawa.ca/postingplans/home.jsf?lang=en and search by the name of your ward; hopefully the site plan at least will still be there. Otherwise, call your councillor and their office can get you the info.