View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 8:44 PM

Great letter; I hope you sent that off to our friends at city hall.

Some points:

#1) would / could they build the watermark with the option to expand it in the future?
#2) the 'drive in / drive out' mentality we're branding this with IS also how the CMHR will and the forks currently operate for many... especially during winter. Some percentage of those families will probably visit an eatery at or nearby the forks before / after their gallivant, and maybe stick around. They probably will just leave if its a really cold winter day though. (who wants to walk to the forks with wet hair?)
#3) the comment above about people coming to town to shop / visit may indeed choose to stay at the Forks / downtown, especially if theres amenities for families & kids. The CMHR, expanded childrens museum & outdoor playground, & a waterpark would make it a desirable place to hang out during a weekend visit.
#4) there are OTHER lots that could be examined for development with what we would prefer to have there.
#5) Sam Katz and his parking lot kronies are definitely going to benefit from this someway.

I guess I'm trying to look at this with an open mind as it could have some benefits.

But I still think its a project better suited for the IKEA / Seasons development... especially if it is nothing more than a glorified hotel water park.