View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 28, 2008, 12:12 AM
Thorax O'Tool

Construction Update 3-27-08 (Part 5)

Since mSeattle brought up the un-started Jay Heights, I decided to swing by the site. After all, it is only a block down from the Metropolitan.

Here's the sign. It looks in better condition than I remember it was. Maybe they put a new face on, cleaned it or something.

Through the fence, down into the lot. It's pretty decent sized, actually.

For those not familliar with the area, this is taken from the site. The sandstone building is the Walker condo conversion. An old ex of mine once lived there, and I'm interested to see what they've done to it. The lobby was nice, but the apartments left a bit to be desired.
To the left of the Walker is the Hannah Heights. It just occurred to me that all these Prium "heights" projects are all on 6th. If Jay goes up, you'll be able to see Chelsea from the higher floors as well.

A little scale reference here. The Deco building (taken again from the site) is City Hall. It's approximately the same height as Jay is slated to be. If I'm not mistaken, city hall is 233' tall. On the extreme right is the recently completed Roberson Condos.
they tumble blindly as they make their way across the universe