View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 1, 2014, 7:03 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane View Post
So that opens this forum up for political debate? I didn't have an issue with the pictures, but rather the commentary about Israel's response. If that's what you want this thread to delve into, I'd be glad to oblige.
You're welcome to post your views, if you wish. But I have no interest in debating them here.

I remind you, all I said was:

Quote:
A rally in support of Palestine was held in the Downtown. The tone here actually isn't really pro-Palestinian, it's just shock as Israel's disproportionate response and a general lack of patience for sectarian tensions. We have our own violent history of Catholic/Anglican fighting, and people generally just want others to treat each other well.
In my estimation, that is the dominant tone here. You're welcome to dispute that if you wish as I'm sure there are people here who don't feel that way. But I've nothing else to say about it here except that, to explain what's going on in the pictures, and why.

Or if you're referring to the Pride parade/bonfire pictures, well, again... just explaining how things are here. Not trying to say at all that they're the same for you or where you are.