Thread: Atlanta Parks
View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 28, 2017, 2:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
I think a project that would really help the westside will be the centennial olympic park connector with the beltline and westside reservoir. There's abandoned railroad the city has been following that heads northwest from ~Ivan Allen & Northside toward Bankhead Station. With the reconstruction of a few bridges, we would see unobstructed right of way implemented from the heart of the city to the BeltLine, which I believe would be a first. Could be a huge boon for English Ave.
I've always wondered if a transit or ped/bike corridor could be created here. I think it would be a missed opportunity long term for this not to be given serious consideration. Edit: based on the map you posted in post #282 above, much of the corridor appears to be designated as green space.

The section from Joseph E. Boone up to just north of Donald Lee Hollowell is all owned by one private developer, Bethursday Development Corp. (FKA English Avenue Development Corporation). http://www.bethursdaydev.com/ Their website could use some updating.

At Western Avenue, there is an apartment complex built in the middle of the right of way, but it looks like nothing has been built blocking any of the rest of it.

The remaining part, with the exception of a block north of Hollowell, is all still owned by CSX.

Last edited by jwbab; Jul 28, 2017 at 2:23 PM.