View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 22, 2008, 3:56 PM

A Grand, 'Old World Style Hotel,' Recreated

Downtown Salt Lake City's 'Grand Hotel' - Recently Completed

Grand America
The towering white Bethel granite exterior of the Grand America Hotel glistens in the Salt Lake City sun, and at night stands as a beacon of luxurious light in the downtown skyline. The Grand America Hotel is a sumptuous palace, a haven for deluxe decadence befitting royalty. This five-star, luxury hotel redefines 'grand' every single day.

Grand America
Inspired by the charm and craftsmanship of Europe's classic hotels, the Grand America offers 775 luxurious rooms, including 395 exquisite suites. The 24-story hotel overlooks a beautifully landscaped 10-acre footprint in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City. The Grand America is 450,000 square feet, or an entire city block, of hand-tooled marble and granite.

Grand America

Splash Magazine...
I walked through Grand America's beveled-glass and brass doors and entered a lavish wonderland of opulent amenities befitting the royal guests. I was immediately encased in elegant luxury. My eyes darted about, absorbing the gilded images before me: Italian marble floors and walls, English wool carpets, and French furniture and tapestries all illuminated by the Murano crystal chandeliers. In addition to the sumptuous interior decor, the hotel staff and their genuine smiles greeted me at the door. All of this elegance and I had only entered the lobby!

OKLAND CONSTRUCTION - This structural concrete hotel boasts a Five-Star and Five Diamond rating with 905 guest rooms, 777 of them suites. The hotel features a 24-story tower, a four-story garden wing, grand and junior ballrooms, restaurants, shops, courtyards and a multi-level, 1,000-car underground parking garage. This project has a total square footage of 1,756,351.

Bethal White Granite from Vermont was chosen to sheath the entire hotel. Over 1,400 cubic meters of blocks were used for this one project, making it the largest use ever for Behtel White for an individual building.

The Grand America Hotel is conveniently located on 10 acres in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City, just 10 minutes from the Salt Lake International Airport. Ensconced by the Wasatch and Oquirrh Mountain Ranges in the magnificent Salt Lake Valley, the Grand America is walking distance from shopping, restaurants, cultural and sporting events and is roughly 30-40 minutes from the major ski resorts. Nearby are historic Temple Square, the world-famous Great Salt Lake, four major rivers, national parks, forests and monuments.

Inspired by the world's grand hotels of the past, The Grand America Hotel has the allure of Old World craftsmanship, charm and hospitality, with every modern convenience at your fingertips. Designed to be a European "boutique" hotel of American scale, The Grand America is abundant in exquisite details: chandeliers from Murano and Milan, French cherry- wood furniture, English wool carpets, Italian marble bathrooms, as well as state-of-the-art high-speed internet connections, 32-inch televisions and dual-line phones in every room.

* The Grand America was listed on the Gold List of the World's Best Hotels in the 2007 January issue of Condè Nast Traveler.

Grand America

Last edited by delts145; Jan 22, 2012 at 1:04 PM.