View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 24, 2014, 4:34 AM
Fourth and Main

Bailey Park @ East End:
We finally have a site plan for Bailey Park @ East End! It features a water wall, hillside path, food truck courtyard (with restrooms and sitting area), stage for live music and movies, two additional water features with sculptures, and three of the original electrical pylon towers (relic towers) from the site, before it was cleared for the park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinzendorf @ WSTB

Credit: WSTB / Stimmel Associates
Plant 64 Lofts:
rmhpmi posted an awesome update at WSTB. Here are a few of those photographs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhpmi @ WSTB

Hilltop House: BUILT!

Reynolda House Indoor Pool: New to this thread!
Frank Blum Construction is starting work to restore the pool house (indoor swimming pool) at the historic Reynolda House. This could be a fun project to follow. Reynolda House was built in 1917 and is one of Winston-Salem's largest historic homes, at 65,238 square feet. The architect is the famed Charles Barton Keen, who had offices in both Philadelphia and Winston-Salem. Many architectural researchers say this is Keen's best house design.

Credit: Frank Blum Construction

Second Highest Wage Growth in N.C.:
The Herald-Sun is reporting Winston-Salem / Forsyth County had the second-highest rate of year-over-year wage growth in North Carolina. This is due to growth in Winston-Salem's technology, aerospace, and research jobs.

Car Wash Fundraiser:
The Drag Queen Car Wash in Winston-Salem's historic Washington Park neighborhood was a success and helped raise money for their street festival downtown, later this year. This city's street festivals are a big part of its character and can lead to more developments. I always want to advertise the street festival fundraisers. Unfortunately, I didn't find out about this one until today or I would've told you about it earlier, to help them raise more money.

Video Link

Union Station Restoration: (Architect: Fellheimer & Wagner)
Winston-Salem has hired an architect to design the final plans for Union Station's renovation as a rail and bus hub. It will become the city's second transportation hub and the city will pay for it with bonds that don't require voter approval. Currently, the city is asking residents what they would like to see in the large multi-storey train station. This is the state's most intact historic train station. It is also the only multi-storey historic train station in the state! Architects say it is in great condition. Remember, this project is also a part of the city's proposed streetcar system! Is it time for a big photography post on Union Station?

Source: Winston-Salem / Forsyth County Library

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townn...4334.image.jpg
Credit: JournalNow

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townn...caed.image.jpg

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townn...f601.image.jpg

Last edited by Matthew; Jan 29, 2017 at 4:25 AM.