View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 22, 2011, 8:15 AM
BANNED

wow, you sound idiotic. phillip johnson building a large church in garden grove singlehandedly exonerates all the other "suburbanite culture" influenced crap that local developers spew across the entire expanse of the LA basin? sure, and phillip johnson is also an LA architect (sarcasm intended, folks)

and where did you learn to write? you sound like a thirteen year old. "suburbanite culture"?

regarding heathrow terminal 5, the way you write, i gather you see all spaces as voids absent their structural elements. if such things are so banal, why expose them in LAX to begin with? if they are so pointless aesthetically, why does fentress spend so much energy paneling structural elements to affect a "sleek appearance" as you so eloquently put it? Here's why, because you're wrong, and fentress really does care about "structural elements". Let me demystify fentress' intentions for you.

Well, for starters, fentress were inspired by ocean waves, and your attempt to ascribe roof shingles to them is probably purely out of your own imagination, because fentress said themselves, they were inspired by ocean waves.

finally, my simple point was, paneling is a false image. amidst all that sophistic garbage you spewed about the progressive banality of "structural elements" through time, you've pretty much backhandedly debunked your own assertion that LAX is a departure from that, since Fentress' efforts at paneling all those elements in LAX is the most aesthetically conscious acknowledgement of the impact of "structural elements" to their design.

p.s. please don't go into architectural writing. you're incoherent, and obviously don't understand half of what you're talking about.

Last edited by edluva; Nov 22, 2011 at 8:49 AM.