View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 17, 2012, 5:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowhereman1280 View Post
I think that in 10-15 years Milwaukee/Diversey/Kimball will be the next Milwaukee/North/Damen. I'm making a pretty big bet on the area and actually buying a lot of property there. I actually am closing on a property just down Diversey from there this afternoon.

Yes, there is something really funky going up South of the old nunnery on the corner of Sheridan and Kenmore. My friend saw renderings of it and said it looks like "some big glass bubble". Also, they are doing something to that old parking lot, but I'm not sure what. I think it might be destined to become green space instead of a parking lot. I believe they might be turning that corner into a little mini quad.
This article might clear things up for you. On the east side of Kenmore they are building a greenhouse on the back of the old Wright Hall and a freshman dorm called San Francisco Hall. On the west side of Kenmore where the Jesuit Residence Lawn and parking lot are/were they are building another freshman dorm named DiNobili Hall. The article says it will be called Bellarmine Hall, but since it was published they changed the name. Bellarmine will be the name of an apartment complex Loyola is renovating on the north side of campus on the southwest corner of Sheridan and North Shore. It will feature a Campus Safety outpost, as well. There is an article in the Loyola Phoenix about Bellarmine here. All of these will be open in time for the Fall 2013 semester.

Also this article published last fall in the Phoenix gives a complete rundown of the residence hall projects on campus. And it includes other renderings of San Francisco and DiNobili Halls.

Last edited by scottxxon; Feb 17, 2012 at 6:02 PM.