View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 23, 2014, 4:40 AM
Fourth and Main

Wow! Great photograph, TwinCity! That appears to be from IMG College's new headquarters, which also has luxury condos on the top floors? IMG College is the nation's largest college sports marketing company. You may hear their name while following your favorite college sports team on TV or radio or see their name on a video game. The building's lobby is a basketball court. I love the views from these buildings. Here are a few interesting rooftop views I found today:

One West Fifth Condos:

Source

District Bar & Grill:

Credit: District Rooftop Bar & Grille

Credit: District Rooftop Bar & Grille

1834 Nissen Wagon Works:
A public hearing will be held for the bond package on August 4th.

Link Apartments:
They are heavily advertising to the ballpark crowd. It doesn't tower over the ballpark, like I expected it to. The side fronting the ballpark is actually the shortest side. These are very nice and being able to cross the street to attend a game is awesome! I highly recommend these apartments! When the streetcar system is in place, it will have a stop near the building, making the entire core and all three major employment centers easily accessible. These apartments should bring use to the ballpark's north entrance too.

Credit: DWSP

I love seeing more color in the apartments downtown!

Credit: DWSP

Bailey Park @ East End:
Likely the biggest update of the week! Steel is rising at Bailey Park! This is a building designed for restrooms, storage, and offices. It will be located in the middle of a food truck courtyard.

They will only complete the northern third of the park in mid-October. Bailey Park will be completed in two phases. This will allow us to revisit Bailey Park for more construction updates in the future. I'm guessing they need the south end of the park to stage construction for the power plant and medical school? If that is so, then we know Bailey Power Plant and the Medical School will both likely start renovation work in mid-or-late October? That is very exciting!

Credit: WFIQ

Credit: Flywheel Co-work

It's topped-out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by appsdeacs @ WSTB

National Center for Design Innovation:
rmhpmi posted several photographs of this building at WSTB. I'll only share one. You can view the others there and let him know you enjoyed the updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhpmi @ WSTB
Next Generation Gigabit Network:
AT&T has a list of businesses and sites that have signed up to be connected to the GigaPower all fiber network they are building in Winston-Salem. It's great to be in a city with research and technology companies. I would like to try this! Be sure to contact them and let them know, if you're interested in gigabit internet for your home or workplace. I think they are saying it's 10 times faster than Time Warner Cable?

Flywheel:
I know it was completed a week or two ago, but I love these tech company spaces! Contact them about joining or taking a tour of their space: (336) 231-0227

I like the basketball court! I wish my employer would install a basketball court in our office!

Don't forget to visit this summer:
We would love to see you in Winston-Salem! This is the actual visitors center, in a former industrial building built in 1880, and it's next door to a hotel, in a former industrial building built in 1838. A Thomas Edison designed substation, from the 1880s, is also across the street, which I think is now a residence. #CityOfAdaptiveReuse

Source