View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 4, 2012, 10:35 PM

Definitive List of Winnipeg Neighbourhoods and Boundaries

Hi folks,

I've been trying to do some housecleaning on my blog in terms of geographic neighbourhoods (actually, it's been an on-going process for around three years). It's difficult, though, because it's so difficult to find definitive on-line maps that outline both of the following:

• Specific neighbourhood boundaries such as William Whyte, Minto, Spence, etc. There is one good resource for this: The police crime statistics map, but it's clunky and difficult to use.

• More generalized regions such as The North End, The West End, North Kildonan, East Kildonan, West Kildonan, Transcona, Saint Boniface, Etc. I've seen different boundaries listed for some of these regions. Seems more of a subjective thing than it really should be.

And on this latter point, as far as the North End goes, would you guys consider Luxton and Point Douglas to be a part of it? My definition of the North end is the CPR tracks to the south, McPhillips to the west, Main St. to the east and Matheson to the north. But I've been told I'm wrong. Thoughts?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Bryan