View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 14, 2010, 7:38 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post

I like that there is continuing and more frequent talk regarding street cars. I also like the idea of street car and Trax on the same street, might as well take advantage of the large streets, like the article said.

I think Special Improvement Districts could be a reasonable option for Streetcar funding. I would hope however that those property owners surrounding the proposed lines would be more receptive and visionary than those on N. Temple.

As for the image posted in the D. News. Maybe it's a good thing that they are changing their format. Apparently the map maker can't read or the editor doesn't exist because the article states that it would travel down 200 E, and the map shows it on State. Somebody is asleep over there at the D. News.

As for Councilman Christensen's suggestion to take it midblock between State and 200 E, I don't see that happening right behind the Federal building, plus it doesn't really add anything to that block as it would on 200 E, unless of course Orpheum Ave was extended from State St. through the block W/E, and Plum Ave extended from 200 S, north to Orpheum.