View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 25, 2016, 6:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByTheBay View Post
If I were to give an outline of LA the city I would outline it with Sunset Blvd to the north, I-10 to the south, 405 to the west, and LA River to the east and this area does includes the "suburbs" of West Hollywood and Beverly Hills. Unfortunately I excluded Santa Monica because it acts more of a tourist destination like Miami Beach rather than a Brooklyn, but to include it wouldn't be a mistake either.
LA is different things to different people. For me I would extend further south all way to the 105 Freeway, east to Alameda and west all the way to the beach. I would also include all of the east/west corridor of the San Fernando Valley from Ventura Blvd up to about Sherman Way, and I feel all of Van Nuys should be included.

Getting back over the hill, South Central does have a lot of single family homes, but they are tightly packed in. Within this area (South Central) of the city, you have what residents would refer to as The East side and other parts as The West Side. The east side is much older and you will usually find wood frame homes instead of stucco. You would also notice is has smaller streets and the commercial corridors are actually quite urban, and very gritty. The west side of south central has better looking neighborhoods, and is a bit more suburban in nature and is definitely more expensive. Yet IMO both would qualify as a functional part of the city.

Last edited by ChrisLA; Jun 25, 2016 at 6:32 PM.