View Single Post
Old Posted May 26, 2009, 10:01 PM
Always running Late

I agree that this design needs to change a bit... but I don't believe it would be a plaza underutilized by any means. The bodo shopping district borders it on 9th street.. it will be between TWO convention centers. The Esther Simplot school of performing arts is on the other side of Myrtle and the Future Pioneer corridor all the way to the river will start at the corner of 11th and Myrtle.. so.. to me the biggest concern is access.. as many of you have pointed out.
This piece of property is not currently utilized other than just a warehouse, law office a gay bar, and concrete parking...
I think that the corner of 11th and Myrtle should be forward thinking in that it will be where the pioneer corridor enters the CBD... ALSO.. I think that proper access and pedestrian, bike access needs to allow flow from Bodo into this project and through it over to the convention center... I don't advocate punching the streets through because boise's blocks are pretty small.. but i would advocate shifting some of the grounding points to allow pedestrian, and bikes to access all four streets surrounding the developement.
I don't really like the two blocks of continuous 15-20+ stories along front street.. there should be a break and an inlet to allow for access to the center.. Also, I believe the parking should me moved from the interior down to the lower corner.. which would allow for more options throught the complex

It is my opinion that doing that.. would make it in step with the already successful centre on the grove plaza...