View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 25, 2014, 1:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2ATX View Post
Can you tell me more about those Taylor, Ragan and McGee Buildings in Union Hill? Are they condos? market-rate apartments? low-income housing? They're rather nice, and I'm impressed by the stately and traditional designs.
They are market-rate apartments, all built by developer Bob Frye.
He's been slowly developing the Union Hill neighborhood since 1987. Redeveloping vacant lots, I should say, as the neighborhood has a small but nice collection of historic Victorian homes not seen in many other parts of town. This is the final phase which includes 181-units in five buildings, plus 13 single family homes. The stone-clad Taylor, Ragan, and a similar under-construction Campbell building are 23 units each, ranging in rent from $1,245 to $1,995 a month (1BR & 2BRs). These are apparently modeled after apartments in Chicago's Lincoln Park. The brick McGee building and another soon to start construction McCoy building are 56-units each ranging in rent from $850 to $1,810 monthly (studio, 1BR & 2BRs).

Story here.

Leasing website w/ more details of all the buildings here.

I agree they look great, especially the stone-clad buildings. The brick ones are nice too, and they have uplighting installed that makes them really shine at night.