View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 16, 2015, 4:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
Apparently the Board is submitting a business plan that calls for admission rates to new Gallery. I think this is going to cause a great deal of grief for the 'new' gallery, as the Mendel was a free public gallery and that is what the public of Saskatoon is use to. I have no issue with paying for special exhibits or travelling shows, but I honestly do not believe charging a general admission is the way to go in a city the size of Saskatoon.

This is just going to get all the 'anti gallery' folks all riled up again!!!

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/entert...923/story.html
Yes, it's no surprise to me that this gallery was going to charge admission, what irks me more is that we lose the old mendel which always added to a great experience while going for a meewasin stroll. I am glad the civic conservatory will remain in place, I will continue to visit it a few times a year, but as for the Remai I expect I will probably only set foot in it once unless they happen to feature a particular exhibit that I desperately wish to see in person.

Same concern with the kinsmen park amusements, only cost a buck or two to entertain my child for half hour or so and was a great reason to come downtown. I know they said they wish to keep the rates the same but I suspect when it's opened it'll be $5 a ride instead (which isn't a big deal for some but it's a game changer for the people who liked it the way it was).