View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 23, 2007, 5:54 AM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Shawn View Post
Car sharing programs fill that last void for most city residents to truley live car-free. Let's face it, not everything is centralized in the city, and even jobs in the city core sometimes require visits to remote branch locations where transit does not run. These programs are wonderful and allow even more poeple to live without a car when they could not do it otherwise.
that's me in a nutshell. i have no use for car ownership being that i live in the city and commute up to my job in evanston via the train, but i do need to get out to far flung job sites across the vast empire of chicagoland every so often and PT is not really the way to go when you're using words like "far flung" and "vast empire". so for the one or two times a month i need access to a car to get to these places in a timely and efficient manner, I-GO fills the gap perfectly for me, and my company picks up the tab to boot!

i've been an I-GO member for a year and a half now and i have to say it's a beautiful thing.

Last edited by Steely Dan; Jan 23, 2007 at 6:00 AM.