View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 17, 2012, 2:52 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdreamz View Post
WOW! 190 Views since I posted the groundbreaking of the Brickell CitiCentre project and not one comment on it all from SSP forumers. I guess having a billion dollar project break ground isn't newsworthy anymore. Anyways thanks to those who at least viewed.
"Billion" dollar project or not, an Arquitectonica-designed "urban lifestyle center" in downtown Miami... snooze. Another shopping mall/hotel/condo/office humongo complex doesn't do much for me in Miami -- been there, done that all over South Florida and this is just the latest massive iteration of that same tired theme. In other cities which already possess the scale, institutions, spaces, and amenities that comprise a cool, urban environment, a Brickell Citicentre type development would be most welcome and novel -- but adding more and more and more of the same (albeit in a much larger context) to Miami elicits yawns.

I'll definitely check it out and I'm sure think it's cool when it's finished, but it's tough for me to get too excited about something like this now. I'm just happy that they're not going to demolish Tobacco Road and the block of old buildings that actually provide some unique character to the Brickell area.