View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 14, 2013, 6:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexiQuebecois View Post
I haven't been as active in the forum lately, mainly because I've been so busy rediscovering my amazing city!

Anyone here loves cupcakes? I freaking LOVE cupcakes! I was walking along St-Denis street in Montréal and bumped into this amazing cupcake shop called D liche.

http://www.dliche.ca/en/

Their cupcakes are OMGSOGOOD and the staff is super friendly. I recommend the triple chocolate one. It's delicious!

Address:

3964A St.Denis
Montreal, Qc
H2W 2M2
When you're able to make it out to Calgary, try Crave Cookies and Cupcakes, (one of their locations in trendy Kensington neighbourhood), and Buttercream Bake Shoppe (one of their locations on 17th Ave. S.W., Calgary's Red Mile -- popular street nicknamed for Calgary Flames/Stampeders). Buttercream Bake Shoppe uses real buttercream icing, while Crave uses a sugar icing (my wife asked when we were out there some time ago), but all are very good, nevertheless! If you're into doughnuts -- well, Krispy Creme is no longer in business -- but for gourmet doughnuts, there's Jelly Modern Doughnuts, also near 17th Ave. S.W.

We always have to bring some cupcakes back home to Regina at the end of our trips out there! (Doughnuts are best eaten fresh, cupcakes will survive well in a cooler for the easy 7 to 8 hour drive back!)

When you make it out to Vancouver, there's Cupcakes, or for dessert, True Confections, among tons more great dessert places! Be on the lookout for the various ice cream/gelato shoppes, too! (eg. Gelarmony, formerly Mondo Gelato, on the notable Robson St.)

Welcome and enjoy your (future) Western Canada visits!

BTW, this thread makes me want to go out and visit all these places! Thanks, everybody!

Last edited by Scruff Bucket; Jun 14, 2013 at 7:42 PM.