View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 15, 2018, 5:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinguni View Post
Nope. Aside from the fact that it's more than a minimal specialized skill and I take personal insult to your assumption of that, I'll quote myself:

"It takes a special kind of person to do the job and there aren't a lot of those around. If there were WT wouldn't be short 70+ bus operators. And pay needs to be commensurate with the challenges of the job. Even at the current rate of pay which posters here say is too high, it isn't enough to attract the right people to the job."
Why does it take a special kind of person? I've met some particularly nice drivers over the years but no one I would identify as any more special than anyone else in a public facing job.

You have to drive. Its minimal specialized in that you need to drive a large vehicle. Im not sure how many people who drive well every day would fail a training course on driving a larger vehicle. Maybe its a lot.

Is there a requirement to graduate high school? You literally need to know how to drive and not be an idiot (ie. keep a schedule, remember your route, be pleasant to the public).

What other "specialization" is required? Why is it special? because it can be unsafe? Take that up with WT and law enforcement. If the job was perfectly safe, would it still require a "special person"?

You're taking offense. Im simply saying $53,000 is good money to drive.