View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 29, 2018, 3:49 AM

Quote:
Speaking of proposed towers to rise in Oakland, the detailed plans for a 27-story “creative office building,” with an oxidized metal frame, trim and finishes, to rise up to 465 feet in height upon the entire Uptown block bounded by West Grand, Telegraph, 22nd and Valley will be presented to the city’s Design Review Committee on Wednesday in an early review, “to get feedback as soon as possible.”
More here: http://www.socketsite.com/archives/2...ow-street.html

Credit via SocketSite

Take away the parking podium. and just fine in my mind. SCB is making a major advance on development in this area. 1640 Broadway, while fantastic to see the construction as it stands...Starting to mature into the base of a 33 story building, it kills me to see that a 3 story parking podium is being built right on top of BART! With traffic converging between Broadway and Telegraph only a block away, and 17th being a straight, and narrow street, it will be a circulation nightmare.

With Grand and Telegraph also being a major intersection, with ample access to public transportation, I hope they find a more dynamic use for the space dedicated to parking.

But yet, this may be another contender to break Oaklands tallest. I wish that there would be the ambition of SOM's Encinal Tower at 700+ ft to brake Oakland's future 'tabletop skyline'.

Personally, i hope there is a reattempt for SOM in the future of Oakland. Cross brace designs, a style which they are signature for, always are very elegant.... Still think their design proposal for the Transbay Tower in SF did sommersalts over the others. All for this tower being built though

Last edited by MayorQuinbee; Mar 29, 2018 at 2:48 PM.