View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 17, 2012, 4:21 PM

I think we've all come to the consensus that residential is what we need more of, especially in the core. I'm still waiting for that announcement of the residential projects he will be partnering on; especially if they are 1/3 mile radius of St. Mary's/Houston.

The second best thing I read was the addition of retail space at the ground floor of Weston Centre. That alone will do a tiny bit for encouraging pedestrian activity and range on the fringe of the core.

About that stadium... if the Riverwalk, and Rivercenter Mall, the Majestic Theater, events at Hemisfair and on and on and on don't lure that one person to DT, then a Missions game won't do it either. But if they insist, lets get them to play in the Alamodome a few times a year and see if the attendance difference (if any) will make up for the effort of building something and removing 8 acres of prime real estate from DT.

Let's focus on the need-to-haves like people living downtown and eventually a place for them to walk and get some groceries and then we can worry about the nice-to-haves.
cake and keep it, too.
- Harlan Douglass, The Suburban Trend, 1925