View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 9, 2015, 6:59 PM
Plenary pleasures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop View Post
Given that we're a planned 3-4 months away from caissons here, and I think this tower is deserving, I thought it was time for its own thread.

As I'm just beginning to see some new renderings with a bit of a different design (have seen at least one other - night time rendering - as well, within the last week), I think it's possible (no inside knowledge here to confirm this) we may just be looking at a little VE-inspired redesign here: link below. The original did have curved glass I believe, which as I understand is pretty expensive. That said, if this is indeed the new design, I like it (obviously need to see more, and more detailed renderings) on its own merits.....

(And, if A Mod could please help this clumsy thread-starting attempt by standardizing the title.....with Chicago, and 36 stories?) Thanks!
Sam, I could be wrong, but I think it may be the angle of the sunlight shown in the rendering, and NOT a design modification - I think the curved corner glass is still part of the overall design; but it is admittedly difficult to tell from such a small rendering