View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 9, 2016, 1:41 PM

A few pics of the steak/oyster restaurant/bar below. The street level area has a nice, casual open feel. There's a centralized bar and some tables near the window that are comfortable to just have a drink and some appetizers if you wish. Upstairs is a more formal restaurant setting, with some attached rooms that can be blocked off for private functions. There is a small, cozy bar in the back and they are currently building a deck at the back of the building for outdoor dining. The price scale is a little on the higher side, but the quality of the food reflects this. However, I only had drinks and appetizers, so I can't comment on the steaks, etc.

IMHO, this has turned into a really nice development. Outside, the preserved facade maintains the historic flavour of the street while inside, the new and the old are nicely combined to give a really good feel. I've experienced settings like this in other cities, but frankly Halifax doesn't have enough of these despite being perfectly positioned for them with what's left of our old building stock. It's nice to finally see the finished state of this site.

Street level bar area:

Upstairs restaurant:

BTW, the restaurant staff encourage patrons to have a look around, so if you are interested in the building it's a good chance to check it out.