View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 21, 2016, 8:17 PM

[/QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunt_q View Post
This is factually inaccurate. The Trump campaign did review his speech, they admitted as much. I actually thought it was pretty good, and his follow up this morning sounded quite intelligent. I don't fault the guy for standing on his principles with respect to his family; those a some of very few principles he holds that I can actually agree with.
It was initially reported as I stated. Ted Cruz is acting like a petulant child; he's soo offended by the "not that big a deal tweet" about his wife yet forgets that he started the food fight. Oh, but Cruz feels entitled; he's demonstrated that often.

The biggest reason I supported Trump over Cruz in the primaries is fear of his SCOTUS appointments. Totally scary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.p.hansen View Post

I mean let's be real. There is no compatibility between Cruz and Trump and he had no future in a hypothetical Trump Presidency. So he's making a bet against Trump being president and giving himself greater distance and credibility for a 2020 run.

I think it was a really shrewd move and a move that showed a lot of character given the fact that Trump just put Cruz through the wringer with personal attacks on his entire family. And saying Ted Cruz has character makes me a little sick.
Breaking: Political conventions are about coming together and they're much bigger than any one person with their own agenda, especially one which is counter-productive. Guy has no class and no clue.

Gov. Kasich who didn't want to play ball did the proper thing by declining to participate. If Cruz's only motivation was to promote his own candidacy in 2020 he should have done it on his own time. That was the crowd response as well. Anecdotal responses have shown a big loss of support among his own supporters as the bigger picture for them is beating Hillary.

The United States Senate is one of the most prestigious, collegial and important institutions we have. In fact, Orrin Hatch would be among a number of Republican Senators that I regard highly. Cruz managed to burn bridges with everyone in that chamber including tea party compatriot Mike Lee, although Lee did relent to be I think the only Senator that was willing to endorse Cruz. That's about all I need to know. Clearly Cruz should have run for the House of Representative where he could have been but one more crazy in the animal farm.

Comparing Cruz favorably to Reagan is a joke and disrespect for Reagan's legacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunt_q View Post
We're not all as prone as you and Scott seem to be to abandon our fundamental principles to jump behind an avowed racist.
All due respect but since when did you become a crazy social conservative? Cruz checks every box prayerfully and is the antithesis of equal rights and opportunity. His highest priority as President would be to appoint judges that would overturn the Same Sex Marriage decision.

I understand that Cruz is intellectually extremely smart and parses what he says very, very carefully but if you think Cruz is NOT racist and Trumps is, then you can't see the forest for the trees. I'd venture it's closer to the opposite. I understand Trump says not-politically correct things that liberals auto-jump for the racist tag but that's just politics. Lynne Patton clearly disagrees with your opinion.