View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 29, 2013, 11:09 PM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boquillas View Post
I just wish the defenders of this development in the comments section of the EN article would get their facts straight. Being just to the southwest of the Alamo, it definitely will cast a shadow on the Alamo, especially during winter, when the sun is in the south.
Inside the agenda item was two graphics that show how the winter and summer solstice will affect shadowing. It never casts a shadow during the summer solstice and barely creates a shadow over alamo plaza for one hour of the late afternoon during winter solstice. The agenda seems to have been taken down, but I read it all.

Quote:
As for Ashkenazy's seriousness, I have serious doubts. I worked in the Joske's building for 2 years and was privy to all sorts of pie-in-the-sky development plans that didn't pan out. This rendering looks like little more than a placeholder. It doesn't seem designed so much as it apes the Grand Hyatt but with a right-angle turn in the middle.
It's at the stage of seeking approval from the hdrc, that's past being pie in the sky.

Quote:
And the timeshares being referred to by another commenter are probably La Cascada, which is another Wyndham development. They're not off 37-- nonetheless it's obvious that's what they were thinking of.
But La Cascada does well. No clue how 37 came into the picture unless, and more than likely, that person was referring to another development.