View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 26, 2017, 8:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliplanner1 View Post
Do you think a highway/bridge to the Sunshine Coast will be realized in the near future? I personally feel that such road development should ultimately seek to link the B.C. mainland to Vancouver island via a series of bridges between Powell River and Campbell River.
It's impossible, period. We're more likely to see that "fast Ferry Line" from Iona Island. And honestly, I'd want to see that.

The Sunshine Coast Bridge is Vancouver's https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Busan%...oje_Fixed_Link
Except, of course, the situation is a little less dire (prices are driven by speculation, not population, so estimates that don't take that into account are wildly-overestimating future demand) because there is a lot of land in Maple Ridge and Mission to develop on.

Any Sunshine Coast link should be funded at least 25% by real estate developers. It's not like they won't be drooling over that land anyways.

Overall, it should be built, in my opinion- right after that Iona Island Ferry and an expressway down Hwy 15 and a Extension of Golden Ears Way across Maple Ridge (Hwy 407?).

I'm wondering if that study is out yet. Has the Bowen Island link been shut down? Because that would have been best in my POV. If you're going to build it, make it as short as possible so the economic benefits are higher. Maybe all the Vancouver NIMBYs can move there .

If anything, we should have a GateWay Project 2.0, and put this link in it.