View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 21, 2024, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berklon View Post
Me too, however I've never been inside the arena since they replaced the seats. In fact, the last time I've stepped foot in the arena was for a Hamilton Canucks (Vancouver's AHL farm team) game back in 1992.
It hasn't really changed... it has just become older and more drab. It does have a very tired feel to it.

Some notes:
- They did replace the lower bowl with blue seating probably close to twenty years ago (possibly more than twenty years ago). I find the seating comfortable enough.
- They had an escalator that was embarrassingly broken and out of operation for years
- The current scoreboard is probably the third one in the arena's history and is so outdated that there is probably no arena with over 4000 seats in all of Ontario that does not have much crisper video
- The concessions currently have less variety than in the past --- most of them seem to be "Franks & Suds", which does not have much more for sale than franks and suds.
- The washrooms are clean enough, but are some of the only widely visited washrooms that I can think of that do not have touchless sensors to turn on the faucets
- When Def Leppard paid a visit four or five years ago, the leader singer stated in a YouTube that the arena smelled like "10,000 a**es". Apparently it was due to some garbage by the loading by on a hot day or something like that (I don't exactly remember)