View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 26, 2009, 1:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhitektor View Post
Actually very little of the facade of these buildings will include stucco.
It doesn't convey very well in the rendering, but the only stucco will be the cream-colored areas circled below. The rest of the elevation will be brick that matches the existing building, and the orange and brown colored sections shown will be painted hardie-board.

Most of the stucco will be limited to the alley side of the building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mayor View Post
I really like the change in design. I think it gives it a much more geniune neighborhood feel to it. I look at it like this, cities and neighborhoods develop over time and they have character when there are different exterior elements used and different designs used.

I like that the height is less as you get away from the main corner, it helps add to the intimacy of the street and provides some different depths, rather than just the five story flat wall. Don't get me wrong about the current building either though, I love that building and the condos inside are very nice. If you haven't had a chance to look at them you should find some time to jump on Trax and go check them out.

I'm not sure if all the first floor is going to be retail, but I don't think that it really has to be. If there are a few more corner buildings similar to the existing one, that will provide some nice retail space for the entire area. Maybe the new units will have some two story live work, which will allow some people to possibly open a retail or gallery spot on the ground floor. I really think this has the potential to become a VERY vibrant neighborhood in the valley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhitektor View Post
The corner units of the new townhomes will have a separate retail space on the main level, and the remaining units facing the street will be live/work units that have alley loaded garages and main level flex rooms that can be used as additional living space, offices or can be used for home-based occupanices.

Last edited by delts145; Jan 26, 2009 at 1:49 PM.