View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 4, 2016, 1:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adele Duguay View Post
Rather than one mega playground, there should have been 10 spread across the city. These could have been in neighborhoods that don't have playgrounds as yet. That would have benefited kids. They would have been on TV and could have walked to their local playground. Everyone would have been happy. Now they have to be driven there. If their parents have a car and the time.

Hate to break it to you but I don't think it is the minority opposing this playground.

Giver missed the boat on that one.
Can you tell me of one area in the city that does not have a park? I’m guessing you do not have any kids, as a parent, we must have at least 4 parks in walking distance to our house (all in opposite direction) but they are small and my 5 and 3 year old get bored. In the summer to change it up, we find ourselves driving to other larger parks such as Brewer near Carleton University and Millenium Sports Park in Cumberland (I live in the south end of Ottawa). Having a very large park near Money’s bay will allow parents to make a day event instead of an hour event. I’m very excited about the park, we can build our day around playing in the sand and the park and having a picnic or BBQ, a nice day out with the family on the cheap.

The other point that you have missed is that half is being paid by the private sector. If we did miss the boat, for once, I'm happy!!!!!!