View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 4, 2016, 1:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrt's friend View Post
What is the big deal about building a playground in an underutilized portion of a major city park? It makes no sense to build the same old playground that we always build in 10 different locations. It simply will not sell.

It is quite apparent that the complainers want control over the project instead of the children so they can destroy it. And that is exactly what would have happened.

And just like the windmill project (a donation to the city by the Netherlands) that was planned for the same park that failed because of overzealous complainers, the city is poorer for it.

And now we are about the start the same merry go round about the Botanical Gardens yet again. I cannot figure out people who want to block everything that will make the city a better place in which to live.

But I guess there are two types of people, builders and blockers.

You have no idea the hoops I was put through in order to simply install a historic plaque. Never again.
This individual has no kids but is an expert in the area, love it when people provide advice and recommendation that does not affect them. Every family that I talked to love the playground. We have enough parks, this will be great for the city!