View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 7, 2008, 9:25 PM

1. Pedestrian bridges - yes
2. Building proposals under development like Herald Sq and Imperial Oil get approved, but don't go anywhere during this business cycle. Large tenants sign leases at EAP instead.
3. Sorry but I don't see a big bank moving here in the near future. Would love it to happen, but I don't think it will. However we will continue to solidify our position as the financial and business hub of the west.
4. No news on the library front, since escalating taxes make the idea politically unpalatable.
5. A few residential projects are capped - but the majority continue on. I predict that Bow and EAP will be the last high-rise buildings to go up in Calgary for a few years.
6. Airport tunnel - no. Getting the feds and province to contribute during this economic environment proves a challenge, and the City doesn't have the funds to go it alone.
7. Calgary continues to grow as an emerging business hub by securing more international direct flights, much like we did with Mexico City this year. Hong Kong? Tokyo? Dubai?