View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 24, 2018, 3:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHikka View Post
Something that drives me up the wall is a new ramen place we have in Ottawa.

It only seats maybe 20 people and there's constantly a line out the door waiting to get in. The entire point of ramen is to get seated, eat as quickly as possible, and then leave ASAP so that you're not taking up space for people waiting.

Despite this it never ceases to amaze me how people can sit at a table for 20+ minutes with a bill as people are getting rained-on outside the door within sight of their table. Serve staff need to be quicker in cycling people in and out.
I find people in Ottawa to be infuriating for this sort of thing. People here are horribly slow and never seem to be able to appreciate when people are waiting for them. Whether it's standing on both sides of the escalator, walking at the speed of a snail three abreast on a sidewalk thus blocking everyone behind them, using an ATM so slowly it looks like a slow motion movie while a lineup forms behind you, small talking with the checkout cashier when there's 10 people behind, taking forever to get on a bus (ever try riding a bus across town in Ottawa? It takes longer for 5 people to get on the bus here than it does for 30 people to get on the bus in Toronto!), etc.

I never have these kinds of frustrations in Toronto or Montreal. I dunno what makes Ottawans so damn slow at everything they do.