View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 10, 2010, 3:56 AM

Thanks, guys.

I did a Google Earth model import over D.C. to show how the New Columbia Capitol Centre compares in relative size to Washington.

When I am done, the U.S. Federal District will be just as large as the New Babylon Federal District. In the actual model, the Embassy Plaza towers will be visible standing directly behind the right side of Capitol Centre.

PLOT:

I have also settled on a unique political twist for the alternate universe United States. Instead of keeping Republicans and Democrats as its primary political parties, I have chosen to replace the Republicans with the "Union Party" (recognized by the First Grand Union Flag) and the "Confederate Party" (recognized by the stars and bars flag).

The reasoning behind this is the assumption that the United States assumed sovereignty from the British Empire without violent revolution, and the Confederacy earned a distinct notable place in federal government without being disgraced by civil war. The basic idea is one of a stronger, more unified United States with a historical timeline less impacted by violent conflict. Nevertheless, the fundamentals of the Nation's government structure remain essentially unchanged.

Last edited by JHoward88; Aug 10, 2010 at 4:11 AM.