Thread: Amarillo, Texas
View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 17, 2009, 4:23 AM
Meh

Welcome to the forum. I hope to see lots more pictures from you.

Man, I really hope they don't tear down the courthouse. That would be such a loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haux

There we go. The Chase Tower, the tallest building in the city. It's 374 feet tall and apparently is the tallest building between Dallas and Denver.
Yeah, it's the tallest between Dallas and Denver, and also from Dallas to Phoenix. By the way, there's a building in Fort Lauderdale, Florida that is a foot taller than this building that looks identical to it. Really strange. Both are bank towers too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haux
I haven't seen any threads dedicated to Amarillo, so this thread's probably a first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXLove
You're right I don't know if Amarillo has ever had its own thread! Keep the pictures coming!
Check out some threads by Jeeper. He was living in Amarillo for a while and took some pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket1964
It's not very far between Amarillo and Denver. LOL. Nice shots.
Well, they're 420 miles apart, about a 7 hour drive, though Amarillo is closer to Denver than it is to Austin. Plus, when you're on a road trip from Central Colorado to Central Texas, and reach Amarillo, it sucks to know that you're only about halfway home. It's about a 15 hour drive from Austin to Denver.