View Single Post
Old Posted May 13, 2012, 4:02 AM
not a NIMBY

I had dinner at the Little New York Bistro in Longview tonight. It seems the Longview Steakhouse has become quite a hit and Saturday night was booked up by Friday so we went to the LNYB, which was just reviewed by John Gilchrist but I haven't heard the review yet. I would think it would have been quite favourable.
We really enjoyed our dinners. To start I had a green salad with a bright red pomegranate vinaigrette. She had the soup (can't remember) which she said was excellent. We both had rib eyes which were very flavourful. The veg were crisp cooked and perfect.
The table next to us said they really enjoyed their juicy loaded burger and lamb chops.
I think the place has a lot of potential as it is in a newer log cabin type of structure, but it needs some decorating touches to add some ambience, but not from Walmart as they have that look now. There is lots of patio room out front and there were people dining outside when we were there.
The owners used to work at the LS a couple of doors down the main street and opened the Bistro 3 years ago (new to me!). They are from Morocco as is the husband of the LS owners.
I would go back. If I was driving to or from Fernie I would stop for a burger or else try their wraps.