View Single Post
Old Posted May 2, 2008, 7:55 PM
Pro Urban Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTown View Post
If we get LRT than I would support keeping Main St as one way, as long it's reduced down to at least 3 lanes. Right now it's 5 lanes so one lane for LRT, 3 lanes for cars and the rest for sidewalk improvements.

For King St that's tricky, from Wellington to John keep the same expect take away one curb side parking for LRT lane. Really I would keep the streetscape design from International Village for King W instead of two way but if not I wouldn't oppose two way for King St W as well, just keep a lane for LRT.
I really can't see any rational municipality wanting to divide the LRT between two roads. The cost does not justify it and the service is not as good.

I think realistically for a well designed system is to have LRT in both directions on a raised curb down the center of Main Street. Convert Main Street to two ways with two lanes heading east and one lane heading west. Allow periodic street parking on the extra east lane.

Leave King Street as is with two lanes heading west and one lane of street parking.

This way there is an even split between east and west traffic lanes and no modification is necessary to King.

To