View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 3:41 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal View Post

Compared to you, I probably am an aristocrat. (Now, isn't that a stupid sounding statement?)
What your point? A bit of admittance of your elitism?

Quote:
I have participated in some (rock climbing, ice climbing, mountain climbing, 1 base jump) of these 'danger activities.' I understand the positive aspect of them as well as the risk. You should stop talking so blase about "what kind of living is worthwhile, and what is pointless."
I don't get your point. Your a risk taker I'm pro risk taking what's your point?
Quote:
There was nothing pointless about the genetic heart attack that I had.
What is this suppose to mean did you find god or something?
Quote:
I also know a lot of people who regularly do these thrilling things, or used to. Take my friend who is partially paralyzed from his waste down from jumping his mountain bike too far, he understands the value of life. Or, how about my doctor friend: he almost bled to death in a crevasse (his ice axe cut his neck): he is alive only because he was able to instruct me on how to stop the bleeding before we hauled him out: well, he would never accept your list of pointless deaths. Or, my younger brother, he fell climbing in Yosemite and smacked his head so hard that he has limited short term memory for the rest of his life. He still climbs, but is also now more than happy to risk the drive to work, or getting cancer, or whatever . . . he his incredibly happy to be alive.
How does this remotely support your renegade stance?

You think risk taking in one group of activities some how mast detracting from another groups activities makes any more sense.

Quote:
So, how about opening your mind to all the innumerable sides of an issue. As is so often the case, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Why is it that people who don't know what they are talking about are often the one's who talk the most?
Yawn.