View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 18, 2009, 2:57 AM

If the Simplot headquarters are not put into the plan which doesn't sound final, it will just basically be a stubby ring of parking garages....super. But there will be tractors in them, so that makes it cool...badung-dung-dang

Quote:
Desko also said the four blocks will be much more open and connected to downtown than the drawing released to date shows.
I can't wait to see the changes made. A slight mention wouldn't have hurt any. I do have to say that my stomach sank a little when I first read that the architect is from Ketchum. Seriously, a hundred million dollar urban project set to change the face of downtown Boise forever and the architect is from one of the most podunk places in Idaho. Maybe her experience spreads farther than the grain silo and corner store which I should give her the benefit of the doubt for.

I was curious to look into the influence that the Simplot family attained from Campo in Sienna Italy.
Here is a link that gives 360 degree views.
http://www.italyguides.it/us/siena_i..._del_campo.htm

Personally, I think that looks horribly boring. If there weren't tourists it would be completely empty. If I was there I would be much more inclined to wonder the winding, dense Euro urbanity that surrounds it.

There are still some positive elements and drastic differences and improvements to Campo in Sienna that despite my rant I remain mainly optimistic. Hearing that the path from the Pioneer Corridor will cut diagonally through the property helped...

And it's a 3-dimensional rendering. Release some more angles!!