View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 8, 2014, 8:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RespectCondor View Post
Now how the hell they managed to mess up the order of brick is inexcusable. That shit should get someone fired. Im amazed the continued to work on the building without first getting the correct brick. that makes me think the contractors fucked up the order and not the supplier. amateur hour.
As I recall, they originally planned for this to be a two-story building, and then added a third story in response to criticisms. I wonder if that caused their mistake--although that is still completely inexcusable.

Just to make myself madder, here is a fun quote from Continental's page on the North Shore:

http://www.continental-realestate.co...rth-Shore.aspx

Quote:
At the end of the day, though, perhaps the most important aspect of our responsibility as developer of record for this project is our role as trusted advisor. Much like the 2.4-million sf Waterfront project we developed on the site of Andrew Carnegie’s Steel Works, the North Shore neighborhood is steeped in Pittsburgh history and has a long future ahead. Our collaborative work with the stewards of the real estate involved is a matter of trust and responsibility – as important to us as providing great returns.
And even older:

http://old.post-gazette.com/localnew...hore0529p1.asp

Quote:
Continental Real Estate Chairman Frank Kass, selected yesterday as the developer for the land between Heinz Field and PNC Park, vowed that the $200 million, 1.2 million-square-foot project would look nothing like The Waterfront. . . . Instead, the 25-acre North Shore project will be built to resemble a tight-knit neighborhood, Kass said, with six- and eight-story buildings of brick and stone to match the architecture of PNC Park. Offices and apartments would fill the buildings' upper floors, retail on the ground floors and parking underneath.

"The best way I can describe it to you is to come back and see it 10 years from now, when it finished and matured," Kass said. "It will look like it has been there for 80 years. That is the feeling we would like to have. . . . We really feel people will cross the bridges day and night to shop and eat and wait for the ball game to start and just be part of the integral life of what is going to be Pittsburgh in the 21st century." . . .

Kass predicted that work on the first building would start next summer and be ready for occupancy by mid 2004. He also predicted Continental would be able to build the entire North Shore project in five years. "What we say we are going to do, we will do," Kass said.