View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 8:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsjv View Post
And this happens how much? Technically a smoker could follow you around outside and do this to you right now. Has it happened? I would put money on no. So you're right it is a terrible and silly analogy.
yeah i said that already... but that's because its silly for someone to give the smoker more privilege of polluting the air and poisoning the non-smokers. at least when you say something like, no one is forcing you to be around those smokers, or no one is holding you at gunpoint, you can go elsewhere. why are smokers and smoke being given more privilege than non-smokers and my lungs? why does the non-smoker have to go elsewhere and not the smoker? that line of thinking doesn't really make much sense.

Quote:
I don't like smoke either. I'm not defending smoke or smokers. What I am defending is the business's right to choose if they want to allow smokers or not.

I mean you have a right in your own home to allow smoking or not. So why shouldn't a business have that same right?
i agree that it's up to the business owners to decide.... but who are we kidding? no business owner has really been affected by the law so why even make a big deal about it? there's no conspiracy being used against them that way gov't can make profit... and i'm sure the business owners would most likely side with the customers if the customers say they don't want smokers smoking inside the building. this is silly to even be debating the issue. the law probably has more positives than negatives. and besides... why the hell would smokers even be so incessant about smoking if its causing such controversy? it seems like we're trying to accommodate them specifically in some elusive way. let's all be good sports and make it fair for everybody. there's outdoor patios which both smokers and non-smokers can enjoy. the law stays and shouldn't bother anybody. there's no logical reason for anyone to be against it.

there are some laws that really aren't that big of a deal.... and i just don't see why we as humans can't come to terms with those laws. if the law says... okay wear a seatbelt. go ahead and wear a seatbelt. i mean, it's best for you anyway. why would you not wanna wear a seatbelt? that's just silly. and trying to over rationalize why the gov't shouldn't impose itself on whether you wear a seatbelt or not... i mean, jesus! just wear that damn seatbelt! who cares?!

know i mean?