View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 4:52 AM
I am a typical

So here are my latest diagrams:

Aquatel Hotel, a failed proposal for an 18 storey waterfront hotel in Thunder Bay from 1973.

Maplecrest Tower, a 14 storey condo built in 1988. Thunder Bay's second tallest building. It has a very large, single storey covered parking lot behind it, and the whole thing is in the middle of a low income neighbourhood even though the tower itself is middle class at least. It's an odd dichotomy.

Pembina Hall, Winnipeg. Built in 2010, this is an updated version of the diagram based on the building as it exists as opposed to renderings. This building is connected by a ground level walkway to another highrise called Speechly Hall, which I'm also working on drawing.

OPG's Thunder Bay Generating Station, a 300 MW biomass power plant in Thunder Bay. The facility doesn't actually generate any electricity at all, it just sits there idle all the time. It's part of a long and complex boondoggle that is Ontario's electricity generation and distribution network. Anyway, it's easily the largest structure in the city, it dominates the skyline of the south end. There was already a diagram for the stack by another illustrator from over a decade ago, but I figured if I'm going to draw it, I might as well do the whole thing. The building is about 73m tall and the stack is 198m tall.

These were all drawn in Inkscape at a 1px = 1ft scale.