View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 18, 2009, 11:22 PM

Wow I was a way for two days and this thread is 4 pages deep. Excellent discussion going on. Here are my thoughts.

Downtown Vancouver although might not have built a lot of pure office towers this boom I'll say that we built quite abit with all the mixed use development. For instance Jameson house will have 8 floors of office space, The residence at Georgia will also have some office floors and I'm sure a few other developments will have office space as well. Are they purely office buildings no. Do we need more, yes. They are on there as the economy warrants them they will be built. Bentall 6, the GM place tower and a few others that are just rumours will eventually get built. The COV realizes the need to continue office development and they will do so. The notion that metrotown, richmond or (insert laughs) Surrey will become the choice for business is far fetched. Downtown Vancouver and Vancouver will remain the dominant centre in the region. This may hurt the people who are proud suburbanites on here but its the truth so swallow it.

As for the viaducts, I like them and Raggedy's photos show how they can integrate with the urban fabric. I think the city knows what it is doing and they will leave the viaducts untouched as they develop NEFC as Jlousa said.