View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 4:01 AM

I am no architect, but there are some radical designs out there that are calling for green space in high rise residential buildings. I don't see why Winnipeg couldn't build one of these. It would be amazing.

I also believe that with every downtown should be accompanied by neighborhoods for those who want alternatives. But there comes a point where these neighbourhoods become so spread out and developed with such low density that it is of no benefit to the city to create them. These types of developments are also where the majority of -excuse the expression- nimby's live. They wan't a small town lifestyle, with big city amenities. Well, that is where I get confused. If people want large lots and quiet streets, then they should move to a small town that could benefit from low density growth Winnipeg has enough to sustain itself, and any more is nothing but a drain to its survival as a city. Unless planned properly and appropriately, in which case I wouldn't mind, but the cookie cutter neighbourhoods of Waverly West tell me the city planners are far from the ideology that we need to become more dense.