View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 4:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpenner View Post
North of 49 this is strictly out of curiosity and I'm don't want to sound like I'm criticizing your choice to live out there but why made you choose living in one of these "new suburbs" opposed to a neighbourhood like wolesly, st boniface, or around corydon/osborne? where you can have a bit of both urban life, and amenities of the suburbs

strictly out of curiosity
Looking for a house right now and I can give you an answer that I'm sure is a reason many people choose it. Cost. You can get far more square footage (and a newer house less potential problems etc) by living in the suburbs vs living in a older neighbourhood closer to downtown. Personally i would love to live in river heights but I can't afford to bid on any houses listed in the area as they're being listed for 270 to 299 and selling for $350. You can build a new house in the suburbs for the same price and get 500 to 1000 more square feet. Cresentwood, st b, Osborne village are all the same. It's a trade off but you can get a bigger house and more space in the burbs. And it's not like Winnipeg is Toronto. The commute to work isnt gonna take you an hour and a half.