View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 1, 2017, 4:14 AM

I agree that BART and even CalTrain stops are located in some of the most silly places surrounded by single family homes, or in the case of the South SF CalTrain station, underneath a freeway overpass with a Lowe's store as the nearest building about ΒΌ mile away. If SF and the Bay Area are going to take away freeways, I wouldn't have a problem with that if they replace it with some sort of mass transit options, but right now, they are not building any new freeways nor any new mass transit stations or rail lines to handle the density. Every time I think of going to SF now I think "traffic" and I end up changing my plans. If I could drive to a BART station and take that into SF and get around the city reasonably by light rail or subway then I wouldn't care. But it's just not efficient to take public transit in the Bay Area.

Regardless, hopefully self driving buses and cars come sooner rather than later and that will be the answer to traffic nightmares, since the politicians have no initiative to do anything about it. Leave it to the businessmen like Elon Musk, Google, Uber, and Lyft.