View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 30, 2004, 3:06 AM
joining the rail club

Dave...i noticed your away message yesterday and the change in your avatar...what's up? anyway, thanks for the post about HIA...i read it in today's paper and was really excited to see some promotion of the new terminal. there was also an article about CorridorOne...i'll try and find it.

harrisburger...i think there are 3 or 4 gates that are unoccupied right now. it's been the goal of the airport authority to plan ahead for the future and adding gates now will do just that. eventually other carriers will occupy them but for now they won't be used. as for US Airways, i have an uncle who works for them at HIA. he told me that things aren't really looking good for them and they might be asking for more cuts in the salaries of the employees. worse case scenerio: they become liquidated before xmas. good news is US Airways only leases two gates in the new terminal, but the bad news is they provide a sizable percentage of the flights in/out of HIA. at any rate, new low cost carriers are needed.