View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 10, 2006, 3:42 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Pride
Good to hear there is new developments! I would like to see that 15 story condo tower... Is it going to be a modern design (glass & steel) or a more traditional, blend-in-with-the-surroundings type of architecture I wonder?
Are you talking about that development from last spring?? The voters turned it down. Apparently the whole project called for a $60 million condo tower/retail centre with a $40 million hockey arena, and the private firm investing in the $60 million portion said that they would cancel the project altogether if the voters turned down the hockey arena portion, which was to be built with public funds. The whole project was marketed very poorly to the citizens, and I think they were pissed that they were not getting enough info from the developers. So they struck it down via referendum. But luck has it that a local developer, Konrad Olson, wants to build a 20-storey hotel/condo tower on the banks of the Red River. It's just a vision right now, but hopefully it will become a tangible plan soon.

On edit: I think you were talking about the tower in the SW Fargo development. All the plans say right now is a 15+ storey senior citizens high rise condo tower. I'm hoping and praying to get more info on the Brandt Development, and soon.

Sorry about the mixup.